Call for PapersDownload Call for Papers as PDF file
Scope of the Workshop
We cordially invite you to submit your contribution to the CEWIT meets TZI workshop on the topic of “ICT meets Medicine and Health”.
The workshop is dedicated to one of the joint fields of expertise of CEWIT and TZI focusing on applications of emerging computing and communication technologies in medical and healthcare environments, including individual components, e.g. implantable sensors, as well as wireless and mobile applications. This workshop provides a unique forum for presentations of original research results as well as exchange and dissemination of innovative, practical development experiences.
Specific topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- tele-health and tele-medicine
- healthcare technologies
- medical imaging
- biomedical informatics
- medical informatics
- implantable technologies
- sensors and actuators, signal processing and related technologies
- novel communication systems for implanted, near-body, on-body networks
- wireless health and wireless medicine
- wireless spectrum for health care usage
- battery and energy scavenging technologies
- diagnostic devices
- personal devices for monitoring
- medical robotics (surgical robots, …)
- wearable computing for healthcare applications
- ambient assisted living
- rehabilitation technologies
- individual and community guidance technologies
- security/privacy of healthcare applications
- pilot studies
- clinical trials
- standards (monitoring, interoperability, …)
- electronic medical records and related database and enterprise technologies
The CEWIT-TZI workshop is primarily interested in serving as a venue for the discussion of technical contributions highlighting technical solutions, applications and systems, even if available only in prototype form. Therefore, we strongly encourage authors to submit abstracts (two pages) describing their contributions in an application-oriented context.
Each abstract will be evaluated by program committee members and external reviewers, including experts with multidisciplinary experience. Submissions will be judged on validity, originality, technical strength, practical significance, quality of presentation, and relevance to the workshop topics. We encourage submissions from a variety of fields where in-depth application-centric ideas addressing important challenges related to the workshop theme are discussed.Please follow this link for the technical submission instructions.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be required to submit a full paper to be included in the conference proceedings.
Posters can be also be submitted as a two-page description of the topic to be presented.
Abstract Submission Deadline:
November 1 November 30, 2012 extended deadline
Notification of Acceptance:
December 1 December 19, 2012 extended deadline
Camera-Ready Paper & Presentation Materials: January 15, 2013
The CEWIT-TZI workshop is co-sponsored by the ITG, IEEE COMSOC German chapter, acatech, FFV and Gesundheitswirtschaft Nordwest e. V.